Tree roots are one of the leading causes of a blocked drain. A blocked drain can quickly become a home-owners nightmare, so we have compiled a list of the top ways to identify a blocking drain:
- Water is taking a long time to drain. If this is happening in a number of drains throughout the house, such as the toilet, sink, shower, bath etc. it may indicate a block in your main sewer line.
- There is a gurgling sound when you flush the toilet or empty water from the basin, shower or bath.
- Water levels within the toilet may be significantly lower than usual.
- Foul smells coming from the sinks due to the trapped waste.
- Sewerage overflowing from the outside gully and grates.
If you are noticing any of these signs it is best to call out a qualified plumber as soon as possible.
If you need complete peace of mind, why not call Omega today on 1300 637 797 and book in your closed circuit TV (CCTV) camera inspection.