With the weather cooling down the use of fireplaces and gas heaters sharply rises. If you haven’t got them installed properly, you could be risking your family’s health! Carbon Monoxide is a silent and deadly killer. It is a colourless and odourless gas produced by faulty gas heaters.
Carbon Monoxide is caused by combustion in cars, stoves, gasoline engines, burning wood and charcoal and gas heating systems. It has resulted in many deaths over the last few decades. Battery powered Carbon Monoxide detectors are available for installation in your home.
If you have been running your chimney or gas heater, keep an eye out for any of these signs; headache, dizziness, nausea, chest pain or confusion. It can lead to unconsciousness and death in high doses. Someone sleeping or intoxicated can die before ever experiencing symptoms.
It’s better to be safe than sorry. Get gas heaters and chimneys checked before this Winter to protect your family from Carbon Monoxide poisoning. To make sure your gas heater gets installed correctly, call Omega on 1300 558 730.