- Going away on vacation this festive season? Turn down your hot water heater to save money and energy while on away on a holiday. As an additional energy saving tip, turn up the temperature on your refrigerator after removing all perishables, such as meat, produce and dairy.
- Making sure the thermostat is not set too high will also save energy as adding cold water to cool down very hot water is very wasteful.
- Save water by catching the “warm-up” water from a bath or shower to use in the garden, washing the car, rinsing dishes, washing fruit or veggies or to water plants.
- Pipes are also known to heat up, so keep your family safe in the hotter months by lowering the water temperature in your hot water system and preventing scalding. Making sure it does not exceed 49 degrees Celsius will keep the heater within a safe range.
- Make sure you have the best kind of system for your home; electric vs gas, continuous flow vs tank, tank sizing, brand, size of your home, etc. This is one of the biggest determining factors in the size of your hot water bill. If you aren’t sure about something, it is worthwhile calling in a professional to help you pick the most appropriate tank for your circumstances.
Want to know more ways you can save on your hot water system? Speak to one of our friendly customer service team about the range of hot water systems and tank sizes to best suit you and your home. For complete peace of mind, call us today on 1300 558 730.